06 May Legacy Business Solutions Says, Keep Networking!
Many people who network believe they need to conduct transactions. At Legacy Business Solutions, we believe you should focus on establishing long-term relationships with the right people. Here are some things you can do to improve your networking skills:
• Start on the Right Foot: Make a positive impression on the people you meet. When you follow up with them, they should remember you and be willing to meet with you for coffee or lunch. If you are simply trying to sell something, they won’t want to hear your sales pitch.
• Establish Benefits: If you want people to be interested in connecting with you, find out how you can help them. When you have something to offer, individuals will be willing to help you at a later date.
• Be Interested: As you meet someone, inquire about his or her business, background, and interests. When you show that you care about others’ success, they will be happy to share the benefits of their experiences with you.
• Invest in Quality: The quality of your connections is more important than the number of people you know. At Legacy Business Solutions, we tell our associates that it’s best to focus on building strong relationships over time.
• Become Involved: If you want to increase your visibility, volunteer to help run your local networking group. You will be amazed at the exposure you receive!
Our team at Legacy Business Solutions wants you to keep networking. We hope these recommendations will help you establish long-lasting, beneficial relationships throughout your career.